Operations Manager JD Edwards
Employment: full time
Cadran Consultancy was founded in 1998 by six Oracle ERP consultants who had previously worked within the corporate world. They believed that with a small entrepreneurial team they could deliver high quality consultancy with a better focus on value for the customer.
Twenty years later, Cadran has grown into a significant Oracle ERP implementation partner for trading and manufacturing companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and even internationally. Our consultants are distinguished by their customer-oriented approach. We believe that a solid ERP is the basis for the digital transformation our clients want to achieve. Our consultants combine industry and ERP knowledge to make that possible.
Our Management Team (MT) focuses on achieving an optimal climate for employees. We believe that a team of happy employees can deliver top quality. This then ensures satisfied customers who continue to invest, thus ensuring our continuity. We have defined three key points:
- Competence: we want our employees to feel competent 80% of the time to perform their daily work, and operate 20% outside their comfort zone to learn and grow;
- Autonomy: we organize Cadran self-directed, meaning that we create frameworks in which our employees themselves determine how to achieve their goals on a daily basis;
- Connectedness: we strive to create a safe environment where people support each other unconditionally, and where respect for an individual’s skills as part of a team is key.
Also, we have established core values within our company that fit what we stand for as a group:
- Teamwork: we believe that you can be most successful together, and that it is important to celebrate those successes together.
- Result-oriented: we start an assignment with the end result in mind and work towards that end.
- Respect: we believe that nobody is perfect, but that you can build a perfect team with different individuals and different skills.
- Honesty: trust is the foundation for a long-term relationship. ERP projects are tough and without honesty we cannot understand each other’s mistakes.
- Progress: we want to do our work a little better every day so that we continue to grow together with our customers.
The role of the board and management team
The board and its management team have regular discussions on the following matters, among others:
- Evaluating overall business results and results by business unit
- Evaluating the achievement of the Consult, Strategise and Innovate objectives
- Evaluating the strategic objectives
- Evaluating organizational developments
- Formulating the Cadran-wide communication on these topics
Your role as Operations Manager
In your role as Operations Manager, you will be part of the management team and support the board in the day-to-day management of the Oracle JD Edwards team. You will be responsible for:
- Final responsibility for project quality: monitoring and overseeing the progress of client projects.
- Participate in steering committees.
- Supervise, coach and, where necessary, direct employees during implementation.
- Execute programs to improve competencies (e.g. consulting skills or presentation skills).
- Analyze where and how improvements and adjustments can or should be implemented, primarily in the operational area.
- Implementing/monitoring initiatives together with management and MT.
- Reporting progress to management.
- Understanding the performance of our employees based on KPIs set by the MT.
What do we expect from you?
- You are intrinsically motivated to work with the rest of management to strive for an ideal employee climate, excellent service quality and satisfied customers.
- You are a proactive self-starter with a strong drive to help build our business.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in an IT, Consultancy or software company:
- You have gained experience in implementing Oracle JD Edwards or similar ERP systems, and closely follow developments within the ERP world.
- You have experience in managing multiple teams working on different projects.
- You are used to complex customer environments and their politics.
- You are stress resistant and know how to get things moving again in conflict situations.
- You share our vision of Competence, Autonomy and Connectedness and you discuss your ideas and initiatives with our management.
- Your core values match ours: Teamwork, Result orientation, Respect, Honesty and Progress
- You have a completed HBO or WO education
- You speak and write fluently Dutch and English
- You are available at least 4 days a week. We facilitate a mix of working from home, office and at clients’ premises.
What can you expect from us?
We offer a challenging position with a high degree of independence and freedom within a compact and collegial team. Cadran offers a competitive salary and a modern package of fringe benefits, including 30 days of vacation. There is plenty of scope for personal development and initiative within Cadran.
For questions, please contact Bart Dix or Ed Pieters by telephone on +31 (0)33 247 1599. Applications (including a short motivation and CV) can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.