Oracle JD Edwards Investments – terugblik op het jaar 20172017 has been a great year for the JD Edwards ERP product. Are you aware of the many new support and product announcements that were made in 2017? Let’s get everyone up-to-date.
Longer Support Timelines for EnterpriseOne and WorldWe announced longer support timelines, to at least 2028 for EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 and at least 2025 for World Release A94. We are committed to frequent product enhancements that provide measurable business value for your organizations.
Continuous Value Delivered in 2017We have delivered four EnterpriseOne 9.2 Application feature pack enhancement releases, one Applications Update (9.2 Update 2), ten 9.2 tools maintenance packs, one Tools Update (9.2 Update 2), new One-Click Provisioning to automate the deployment of JD Edwards within Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and updates to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Trial Edition. We also provided numerous platform certifications and localizations over the past twelve months using the continuous delivery model. And we released World A94 Global Software Update 1 as well as World platform, localization, and language translation updates.
Investment and Innovation FocusedOur investment and innovation is focused around four key initiatives: 1. ERP Modernization – We continue to enhance and build on our deep Industry solutions and leverage digital technologies to simplify and automate ERP processes. Our modern ERP solutions scale and adjust for business outcomes, support product and process innovation, and leverage digital technologies with rapid time to benefit. ERP modernization examples include:
- Manufacturing Production Execution Process Simplification
- Basket Pricing for Procurement
- Lease Management (Phase 1)
- Joint Venture Management (Phase 1)
- 50 UX One role based landing pages
- UX One application form personalization
- List View grid format
- EnterpriseOne Search
- Mobile applications with Watchlists and location services
- Orchestrator expanded REST based extensibility to more easily connect to the digital world of IOT, Mobile, Cloud and Service Request capability to connect application processes
- Orchestrator notifications to proactively push alerts within or outside JD Edwards
- Server Manager health checks
- REST enabled services for Server Manager
- Object Tracking and enhanced Impact Analysis
- Enhanced One-Click provisioning and Trial Edition for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
Your JourneyWe’re innovating with a focus on creating customer outcomes that align with your business goals. Digital Transformation is forcing change upon your organization, and ours, which creates an opportunity for innovation. Our innovation creates a platform for your business to remain competitive. We recommend three phases to help enable your digital journey.
- 9.2 Upgrade – Your future and our innovation aligns on the EnterpriseOne 9.2 code line. This release is the culmination of all development by JD Edwards for the last decade. With this release, we’re setting our customers up for success. But you have to get to 9.2.
- Continuous Delivery and Adoption – Your business is demanding delivery of new solutions and innovation in much shorter cycle times. Now is the time to shift away from big bang upgrades that occur once every several years. Innovative new features and solutions are being delivered throughout the year, when you need them. We call this continuous delivery.
- Cloud Journey – Your organization should consider practical cloud journeys that leverage one or all layers of Oracle Cloud. IaaS to optimize, PaaS to extend, and SaaS to complement. Cloud creates agility in your business, removing friction associated with traditional IT approaches. Cloud solutions will complement your existing systems, providing agility to rapidly respond to evolving business conditions or to capture market opportunities.
A Year of Transformative Solutions and a Bright FutureWhat a year! We have significantly enhanced the Lifetime Support Policy for EnterpriseOne 9.2 and World A9.4 releases. We’ve rapidly responded to the needs of your businesses, delivering Application and Tools enhancements and updates in a continuous and cost effective manner. We are creating customer cloud journeys that transform your businesses while protecting your investments in JD Edwards. And we’ve delivered digital technologies that will evolve your business into digital enterprises. We encourage you to embrace the business value delivered this year and look forward to an exciting 2018. By: Ward Quarles | Senior Director
Advies op maat over onze oplossingen?
Jan Stalman, Sales Manager bij Cadran, praat u graag bij over de mogelijkheden voor uw organisatie.