Upgrades JD Edwards
To keep up with today’s new technologies as IoT, Big Data & Analytics and Robotic Process Automation .
More about Upgrades JD Edwards
Why upgrading to JD Edwards 9.2?
If you want to keep up with today’s new technologies as IoT, Big Data & Analytics, AR & VR andRobotic Process Automation now is the time to upgrade to the latest version of JD Edwards.
The JD Edwards 9.2 platform offers new features that make the investment worth it both in the short and long run. With UXOne, the Intuitive User Interface, you can personalize your workspace while maintaining the access to and functionality of all core JD Edwards features.
Industry 4.0 is revolutionizing multiple industries today. The JD Edwards integration framework lets your company leverage the billions of connected objects in the Internet of Things, the use of new technologies such as robotics and smart technologies as machine learning and voice recognition.
Besides that, it leverages the development and delivery of new cloud-based applications and the growing reliance on mobile devices to interact with supply chain partners and customers alike.
Continuous Delivery Model
Oracle JD Edwards has redefined the way upgrades are done. Continuous Delivery allows for software to be released quickly using short planning cycles designed to build, test, and deliver faster. Incremental updates to the JD Edwards applications being used mean less disruption and greater access to new features and enhancements.
Under this model, upgrades are simplified. This greatly reduces the time and expense necessary while the benefits of using new possibilities are significant for your organization.
UXOne - Intuitive User Experience
One major advantage of JD Edwards 9.2 is the ability for personalized user experiences and, in many cases, the ability to automate functions and tasks. With UXOne, you can personalize your workspace while maintaining the access to and functionality of advanced JDE features.
Incorporate websites, build forms, and embed third-party applications into the platform and share them with other team members, all without having to wait for help from IT. Organize your workspace to have better insight in your workload.
UXOne is a free feature with Enterprise One that raises the bar for user experience.
Internet of Things & JD Edwards Orchestrator
The JD Edwards Orchestrator is one of the most significant enhancements to JD Edwards 9.2 because it’s not just a new feature—it will transform how you use your entire JD Edwards system.
As the Internet of Things becomes more mainstream, you can use platforms like JD Edwards 9.2 to improve output. Connected devices can now, along with humans, collect data via sensors and scanners and import massive data batches. Applications within JD Edwards 9.2 can store, interpret, share, report on, and use that information to drive improved operations, more accurate financial projections and reporting, and regulatory compliance.
The data inputs and applications within JD Edwards 9.2 let companies react faster to internal and external events and gain better insights that lead to rapid improvements.
If you plan to stay on your own infrastructure, make sure that your JD Edwards environment is prepared for new technological requirements.
JD Edwards 9.2 is enabling 64-bit processing for both the Enterprise Server as the fat client. Moving to 64-bit enables you to adopt future technology and future-proof your environments. Many vendors of third-party components, such as database drivers and Java, which JD Edwards EnterpriseOne requires, are soon delivering only 64-bit components.
There is no impact to your business processes or business data. Transitioning to 64-bit processing is a technical uplift that is managed with the Oracle JD Edwards Technology Foundation.
JD Edwards in the Oracle Cloud
By moving your ERP to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, your IT systems are more secure, scalable, and future-proofed. Cadran is a partner of Redfaire International and supplier of the Cloud 9 architecture. Cloud 9 has been specifically developed by Redfaire to run JD Edwards environment in the Oracle Cloud and works for all Oracle and non-Oracle workloads.
We take care of all aspects, from provisioning the initial technical infrastructure for the Cloud, to the ongoing managed service and support of all your servers and the JD Edwards environment. You get a low risk, complete and integrated service from a single vendor
- 100% Guaranteed Application Availability
- No.1 JD Edwards Cloud Provider
- Free Migration – we migrate your systems to Oracle Cloud for free when you subscribe to Cloud 9
Cadran approach JD Edwards Upgrade
For the upgrade to 9.2, Cadran has developed a predefined upgrade approach. This method is based on 4 pillars: Plan, Build, Business and Run. The main goal of every upgrade is to migrate the old environment as efficiently as possible to the new release.
- In the Plan phase we describe the project. We analyze the customization for the estimated retrofit activities. We set up test scenarios and scripts and we determine which functionalities and data are unnecessary for the migration to the latest release.
- In the Build phase we prepare the actual migration. We retrofit the customization and re-generate the output documents. Finally, we test all processes during a system integration test.
- In the Business phase the user acceptance test of the processes takes place (without and with security). This concerns the acceptance of the delivered functionalities and takes place in a separate environment. The system must be tested and – after approval – the organization is prepared for the Go Live with the new screens. We close this phase with an actual Go Live, where we migrate the data from the old to the new environment. We follow the cutover plan that has been drawn up, tested and fine-tuned in the earlier phases.
- In the Run phase, the new release is live and we resolve any imperfections within the hypercare scheme or under the managed services agreement. After the Go Live the optimization project starts by using the new module functionalities or other integration options (Orchestrator).
“It is also a great benefit that we do not longer depend on external consultants because JD Edwards E1 V9.0 package offers more functionalities, such as the ability to support SOX and SEPA transactions.”
- Pim de Groot, Director of F&A