Oracle BI Publisher
Operational reporting on Oracle JD Edwards ERP using Oracle BI Publisher.
Over Oracle BI Publisher
Oracle BI Publisher is a component in the software stack of Oracle Business Intelligence. This feature can very well also be used stand alone for operational reporting.
Combined with the licences for Oracle JD Edwards Technology Foundation its use is even free of charge, as long as the Oracle JD Edwards database is the only source used.
- Internal and external publications
- Distribution via multiple channels, such as email
- Simply interactive operational reports
- Multiple layouts on one dataset
- Output to various file formats, such as PDF and Excel
- SQL-statements create the source data set
- Parameters create dynamic filters and conditions
- Simple straight forward security
- Oracle reporting tool on Oracle application and database
- Controleable distribution of information within and outside your organisation
- Simple installation and implementation
- HTML-output can be embedded in portals and pages of JD Edwards
- Free of license on JD Edwards
More about Oracle BI Publisher
Oracle BI Publisher is the reporting solution to author, manage, and deliver all your reports and documents easier and faster than traditional reporting tools. In general this tool is part of the Oracle BI stack and is used for all kinds of operational reporting.
Use your web browser or familiar desktop tools to create everything from pixel-perfect customer facing documents to interactive management reports against practically any data source. View reports online or schedule them and deliver tens of thousands of documents per hour with minimal impact to transactional systems.
- One Data Model containing one or more Data Sets collecting data using SQL to create an XML set with data.
- One Report model containing one or more Layouts (templates) to layout the data (in all kinds of tables or graphs or combinations).
- One Schedule to publish or distribute the document on a regular basis in all kinds of output formats or locations (such as emailed PDF).
This results in a complete operational report set which can be used in a web client to be accessed by BI Consumers, web services or in portals.
An example is the famous Accounts Receivable report for Days Outstanding.
- The data model contains the SQL statements to collect the data from a data source (i.e. JD Edwards table F03b11).
- The layout contains a nice graph for the Days Outstanding buckets and a table with details on Open Invoices.
- The scheduler is set to run this report every Monday morning and publish it on the network as a PDF.
Pre-built BI Publisher data models
Cadran developed pre-built BI Publisher Data Models residing on the Cadran BI Accelerate solution. These can be used to quickly create all kinds of BI Publisher Reports directly from the JD Edwards database without fully implementing or using Oracle BI Enterprise Edition. Both can be applied complementary as well.
These data models are basically advanced SQL-statements collecting data needed for specific JD Edwards Subject Areas (such as Finance AR). The aim is to provide prepared complex and advanced SQL statements to take away the need for knowledge of the JD Edwards data model and of the complex syntax of SQL. It makes reporting accessible to end-users, thus taking it away from ICT and moving it to functional users.
Part of Oracle BI or standalone
BI Publisher Enterprise Edition (BIPEE) is part of the complete Oracle BI stack but also functions as a standalone operational reporting tool. It can work on any data source (either being a data warehouse, an Oracle BI information model or a physical database). With OneViewReporting (from JD Edwards application release 9.1) BIPEE is used to process the request and generate the content from JD Edwards.